Monday, October 24, 2011

Diamon Dave Tells It Like It Is




            "Cast a wide net, find a common thread, let life flourish, don’t panic keep it organic”- Diamond Dave.
            This past week I met Diamond Dave a beatnik from Missouri that traveled around the country most of his life and settled in San Francisco during the beatnik era. He is an avid poet and activist. I met him on Market St while he was posing for a picture. He began to recite one of his poems and his credo, which is written above.  Soon after he introduced himself (cast a wide net), next he told me about his daughter that works in Brooklyn and went to Pratt, which is a few blocks from where I live in NY (find a common thread). Next we exchanged numbers and he said he would show me the “underground” of San Francisco (let life flourish)

No comments:

Post a Comment